We’re hiring a front-end developer!
Grain & Mortar is in need of a full-time front-end developer to bring our designs to life on the internet. Your main responsibility will be taking mockups and wireframes and turning them into beautiful, responsive, modern websites. Motivation and initiative are a must.
We love collaboration, so your days will be spent working with us at the Grain & Mortar studio, in the Mastercraft Building in North Downtown Omaha. If you’re looking to hone your craft in a fast-paced, design-centric studio environment, seek no further.
- At least one year of experience building and launching websites
- Experience using SVG, CSS3, HTML5 (including video), and using jQuery to manipulate content
- Familiarity with the WordPress platform and underlying codebase
- Experience coding for multiple devices, from smartphones to tablets to desktops
- Strong understanding of web design standards, responsive design, and UI/UX principles
- Must work on location in Omaha, NE
- Experience with graphic design/illustration
- Familiar with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Comfortable tinkering with the WordPress codebase (writing/modifying plugins, creating custom post types, optimization, etc.)
- Basic understanding of how various web technologies work (AJAX, GETing/POSTing data, DOM)